Kitchen Manager – Culinary Creator – Wood Fired Pizza!
Steamboat Springs, CO
Exciting culinary leadership opportunity with Steamboat’s newest brewpub! Mountain Tap Brewery https://www.facebook.com/mountaintapbrewery/ is currently under construction in downtown Steamboat Springs on Yampa Street just across from the river, with stunning views of Howelsen Hill. We are targeting an early to midsummer opening and are looking for exceptional people to join our team. Mountain Tap Brewery plans to serve a dozen diverse hand-crafted beer styles complemented by fresh and exceptional wood-fired cuisine, with an emphasis on Neapolitan-style pizzas in a casual, community-centric atmosphere. More details below…
- Kitchen management, supervisory or leadership experience complemented by excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional management of food costs and portion control.
- Exceptional attention to detail, food quality, sanitation and safety.
- Experience with wood-fired cooking, preferably pizza.
- Experience with large batch dough making.
- Passion for cooking, craft beer and Steamboat.
- Knowledge of health codes and excellent safe food handling practices.
- Assist owners with menu refining, future menu development and budgeting.
- Assist owners with costing including ingredients, components and menu item pricing.
- Assist owners with equipment sourcing and installations, from large items to smallwares.
- Manage food costs, portion control and waste.
- Manage vendor relations. Work with vendors/suppliers to negotiate best quality, price, value and timely deliveries.
- Monitor and manage inventory of all kitchen and food prep/serving related items and order as appropriate (raw goods, dry goods, supplies, wood, etc.).
- Manage dough production, storage, fermentation, rotation, proofing, etc.
- Create daily specials and new menu items.
- Hire, train and manage kitchen (BOH) staff with assistance from owners.
- Competitive wage DOE.
- Complimentary shift meal.
- Food, beer, merchandise discounts and other employee benefits.
- Free beer (for legal drinking age employees).
- Mountain Tap Brewery uniform.
- Ski pass.
- Potential for profit sharing, bonus, incentives.
- Paid time off.
SEND RESUME & COVER LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org (*please do not apply in person at job site*)
About Mountain Tap Brewery
Mountain Tap Brewery will feature a dozen handcrafted ales and lagers made on-site, served alongside wood-fired cuisine. The ambience will be family-friendly, rustic and casual, with long wooden tables, an open floor plan and clear views of the brewhouse and the wood-fired oven. A biergarten will grace the outdoor plaza in the summertime. The brewpub will be open for lunch and dinner in the summer and dinner only in the winter. Craft beers on tap will range in color and style from a light pilsner to the darkest stout. Neapolitan-style wood-fired pizzas and salads will feature fresh local ingredients. Occupying two bays of the former Yampa Valley Electric Association building on Yampa Street, it is anticipated to open mid-summer 2016.
Contact Name: Rich
Email Address: email@example.com