Don’t limit the antipasto concept to platters. Consider the suggestions below to stretch antipasto across the menu:
• Create an antipasto salad where assorted meats, cheese and vegetables sit over mixed greens.
• Offer antipasto-style subs, paninis, wraps or sandwiches built around standard platter ingredients such as salami, pepperoni and cheese or roasted artichoke hearts, peppers and olives.
• Create a specialty antipasto pizza topped with roasted vegetables, cured meats and cheese. Instead of pizza sauce consider covering the pizza with olive oil and herbs.
• Enhance traditional bruschetta with antipasto ingredients.
• Serve a bite-sized amuse-boche of olives, sliced cheese or vegetables to diners before the meal.