Lost River Pickle Chips
Recipe courtesy of Keith Coffman, Lost River Pizza Company, Bowling Green, Kentucky
Author: Pizza Today
- 1 gallon Franks Red Hot
- 1 pound of butter
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 2 ounces of honey
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy-bottom saucepot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend thoroughly so as to incorporate the butter with the Red Hot.
- Take your favorite dill pickle slices, the thicker the better, and dredge with whole wheat flour.
- Deep fry at 350 F for 4-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Finally, toss in the Buffalo Sauce in a small mixing bowl.
- Serve with a side of Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing for dipping.