Bring your calendar to its max potential. Not just dental appointments; I’m talking recurring calendar events and expirations that will keep your 2017 on point.
• License expirations and an alert one month before expiration. Even if you have a system in place, add this one in for redundancy.
• Quarterly evaluations of staff planned out now.
• When all your contracts with vendors expire. Even if it’s 2019, it helps to have it documented in one place.
• Reminder appointments set up yearly or bi-yearly for meetings with vendors to renegotiate or, if nothing else, touch base.
• Subscribe to calendars of local events like local concerts or sporting events to know what’s coming up.
• Plan out monthly task goals now. March is new menu month, July revised Web site, August new shirt designs, etc.
• Invite staff in on certain appointments or use a group calendar to ensure communication.
MIKE BAUSCH is the owner of Andolini’s Pizzeria in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He is a frequent speaker at the International Pizza Expo family of tradeshows.