(San Francisco, CA) –– This year, Patxi’s Pizza celebrates the holiday season not by toasting their own success and growth in 2012, but instead reveling in the success of their acclaimed 52 Weeks of Giving Community Fundraising Program.
Patxi’s Pizza (pronounced pah-cheese. ‘t’ before ‘x’), started the program in November 2010 with the goal of providing community support to organizations who share Patxi’s passion for education and children’s health and welfare. To date, the program has raised more than $141,000 for partner organizations with that shared mission. This year, Patxi’s raised over $83,000, up from $55,000 in 2011.
Each week, all year long, each of Patxi’s eight restaurants donates a percentage of all sales from one day to their partner organization. This includes sales from dine-in guests for lunch and dinner, carryout and delivery orders, and gift card sales. To ensure each organization has a successful fundraiser, Patxi’s provides marketing support for each organization through exposure on their website and through various social media channels.
“As parents and community members ourselves, Patxi’s Pizza cares deeply about making sure that our children have the resources they need to lead happy and productive lives,” says Bill Freeman, Patxi’s co-founder and CEO. “We’re proud of the support we’ve given to the Bay Area and are looking forward to doing the same in our new communities in the Denver metropolitan area.”
52 Weeks of Giving Facts:
- In 2012, Patxi’s Pizza donated more than $83,000 to partner organizations through a total of 175 fundraising events (189 events by year-end)
- To date, the program has raised more than $141,000 for partner organizations with their shared mission.
- Over 144 community organizations participated in the program this year including a total of 56 local schools and in-school programs; and non-profit organizations such as the Greater Bay Area Make-A-Wish Foundation, Avon Walk for Breast Cancer, YMCA Urban Services, San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Center, Ronald McDonald House of San Francisco, United Autism Foundation, California Youth Connection and dozens more.
- Money raised through the program funded programs like a trip to Washington, D.C. for Lincoln High School, a 4th Grade Camping Trip for Sunset Elementary, and travel for the Team World Finals for Stanley Odyssey of the Mind among many others
- The program currently operates through Patxi’s seven Bay Area locations and one Denver location, and will expand to twelve locations in 2013
- Patxi’s goal is to raise $115,000 to benefit charity organizations in 2013
The 52 Weeks of Giving Community Fundraising Program is open to all community organizations in San Francisco, Palo Alto and now the Denver area with a focus on education and children’s health and welfare. Interested groups can apply at http://www.patxispizza.com/52-weeks-of-giving.
For more information, visit www.patxispizza.com.