Patxi’s Pizza (pronounced PAH-cheese. ‘t’ before ‘x’), one of the most loved pizza restaurants in the Bay Area, opened their second East Bay location on yesterday in Livermore, California.
“Livermore is a fantastic, close-knit community and Patxi’s is a community-oriented brand. We’re really looking forward to becoming part of the fabric of the Livermore community—a place where families and friends can get together, and where community organizations can raise funds through our 52 Weeks of Giving program,” said Freeman of the opening. “Additionally, we’re looking forward to being another great local dining option near the renowned Livermore Valley Performing Arts Center.”
Upon entering the space, guests are welcomed to an inviting space with a rustic, yet contemporary atmosphere.
- Old-world chrome lighting fixtures, exposed brick walls and reclaimed wood coupled with the inviting floor plan bring a rustic yet modern feel to the 80-seat dining room.
- A peek-through kitchen window invites guests to watch as their pizzas and small plates are handcrafted to complement their dining experience.
- The space boasts a unique indoor/outdoor bar separated by two large industrial-style garage doors that can be opened to expose the outdoor portion of the expansive 21-seat island style bar.
- The outdoor space with seating for 40 guests is fully covered and complete with fans and heating elements for optimum temperature control.
Patxi’s menu features a standout family of pizzas and an array of salads and small plates. Says Executive Chef / Partner Patxi Azpiroz, “Here at Patxi’s we happily renounce stovetops, deep fryers and freezers. Instead we prepare all of our dishes using fresh ingredients, sourced locally when possible.”
- Patxi’s is perhaps most famous for their flagship Chicago-style Stuffed Pizza: a deep dish pizza with a layer of crust on the bottom, followed by toppings and cheese, all covered by another thin layer of dough, and topped with homemade sauce. The stuffed style is also available with a whole-wheat crust.
- New to the family, and introduced after much testing in 2012, is the Thin Crust Pizza, made with extra fine, imported ‘00’ flour and hand-pulled to perfection—a new take on a traditional Italian style pizza crust. Whole-Wheat and Gluten Free options are available for the thin crust pie.
- The menu features chef-tested pizza topping combinations and a Create Your Own Pizza option, where guests can create their own pizza with myriad fresh toppings, four styles of mozzarella and over 30 different meat and veggie toppings. With vegan cheese and crust, and gluten free crust options, there is sure to be something for every diner.
In addition to pizza, Patxi’s features an array of small plates great for sharing including the Burrata Bruschetta, featuring creamy burrata cheese, basil pesto, and tomato confit, served with warm focaccia; and the Meatball, which is inspired by a long-time Boston-Italian family recipe and features sustainably raised beef and a Chicago-style Italian sausage braised in a house made tomato sauce and topped with basil and Grana Padano cheese.
In lieu of dessert, Patxi’s offers honey for the “bones” or crust of the pizza—the perfect way to enjoy those last remnants of crust after the meal.
About Patxi’s Pizza
Founded in 2004 by two friends, entrepreneur Bill Freeman and pizza expert Francisco “Patxi” Azpiroz, Patxi’s Pizza offers authentic Chicago- and Italian-style pizza, featuring two distinct, handcrafted styles of dough, four types of mozzarella and over 30 different fresh meat and veggie toppings (ingredients sourced locally whenever possible). Patxi’s Pizza (pronounced pah-cheese) is privately owned and operated with a total of 8 locations between the San Francisco Bay Area and Denver, Colorado. Patxi’s Pizza was ranked #84 by Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Hire Power Companies of 2012 and named among the Top 10 “Most Life-Changing Pizzas” of 2012 by Esquire Magazine.