San Francisco, CALIFORNIA–– Patxi’s Pizza, San Francisco’s popular pizza purveyor, is helping Americans stick to their New Year’s resolutions to eat healthier this year. As is typical in January, diners’ purse strings are tightening just as their belts are loosening. Patxi’s aims to help those making new, healthy eating resolutions stick to their guns and their budgets by offering healthy and alternative options for a great value.
Patxi’s (pronounced pah-cheese. ‘t’ before ‘x’), offers a variety of ways for guests to customize their pizza and make healthier choices:
- Whole Wheat Crust: Patxi’s offers whole-wheat variations for both their signature Chicago-style Deep Dish and their Extra Thin Crust pies (they only offer the whole wheat in the extra thin style now).
- Low-fat Mozzarella: For those trying to shave a little fat off their pizza, Patxi’s offers the option of fresh, low-fat Mozzarella. A popular option is the Californian deep dish pie, featuring whole wheat crust, low-fat Mozzarella, fresh spinach and yellow onions.
- Create Your Own: As always, Patxi’s will customize any pie for their guests, allowing health-conscious diners to take advantage of the many healthier options such as lower fat meats like Canadian Bacon and Roasted Chicken and more than twenty vegetable topping choices—while still satisfying their craving for Patxi’s pizza.
Patxi’s also makes it easy for those dealing with dietary restrictions and food allergies to enjoy their famous pizza:
- Gluten Free: Patxi’s has perfected a Gluten Free Thin Crust that rivals any other crust on the menu. Its crispy-on-the-outside-chewy-on-the-inside texture goes well with any of the cheese options available.
- Dairy Free: For those not able to eat dairy at all, Patxi’s offers Lisnatti SoyStation Dairy Free Cheese as an option on any of their crusts.
- Vegan: All Patxi’s crusts are Vegan, including their signature Deep Dish, their new Double 00 Thin Crust, Whole Wheat, Gluten Free and Corn Meal (where available). When paired with their Daiya Vegan Cheese (which is soy-free) or as a simple Tomato Pie, vegan diners are sure to be satisfied.
For non-pizza eaters, Patxi’s continues to feature fresh salads and appetizers to fit any dietary preferences or restrictions:
- Antipasto Plate: Featuring naturally cured Zoe’s meats, artisanal cheeses, and accompaniments, this is a great option for those trying a low-carb or gluten-free lifestyle.
- Fresh Salads: With options like the Butter Lettuce, Arugula, Chopped, Caesar and Greek Salads—all of which are available to modify as needed—guests can enjoy their pizza with a healthy side of vegetables.
All of Patxi’s healthier and alternative dining options are available for dine-in, carry-out, delivery or catering at any of their seven Bay Area locations.
About Patxi’s Pizza
Founded in 2004 by two friends, entrepreneur Bill Freeman and pizza expert Francisco “Patxi” Azpiroz, Patxi’s Pizza offers authentic Chicago- and Italian-style pizza, featuring two distinct, handcrafted styles of dough, four types of mozzarella and over 30 different fresh meat and veggie toppings (ingredients sourced locally whenever possible). Patxi’s Pizza (pronounced pah-cheese) is privately owned and operated with a total of 8 locations between the San Francisco Bay Area and Denver, Colorado. Patxi’s Pizza was ranked #84 by Inc. Magazine’s Top 100 Hire Power Companies of 2012 and named among the Top 10 “Most Life-Changing Pizzas” of 2012 by Esquire Magazine.
Through its 52 Weeks of Giving program, Patxi’s donates a portion of its profits to local nonprofit organizations dedicated to education and children’s health and welfare –– totaling over $141,000 in donations to date. Visit www.patxispizza.com for more information.