MISSISSAUGA, ON, April 1, 2014 /CNW/ – After introducing Canadians to the Joy of Finger Cooking two years ago, Boston Pizza today announced it’s changing the pizza delivery game once again with the re-introduction of Reverse Delivery, an idea first conceptualized by the brand in the 1970s.
With Reverse Delivery, Boston Pizza’s 358 locations across the country will begin delivering guests to the pizza, rather than the pizza to the guest.
“Boston Pizza’s extensive market research revealed that many Canadians need a place to go to meet up with friends and watch the big game, but they don’t always have a way of getting there,” explained Perry Schwartz, Director of Communications, Boston Pizza International. “As Canada’s largest casual dining chain, we realized that it’s up to us to reverse this disturbing trend, so we dug back into our files and found that the solution was right in front of us all along.”
To order a Reverse Delivery, Canadians will simply have to dial the number for the Boston Pizza location in their area in reverse – for instance, instead of 416-733-3172, guests in North York, ON would instead call 271-333-7614 to place their order.
Boston Pizza expects to have its new Reverse Delivery service fully implemented for the start of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs on Wednesday, April 16. In preparation for the national launch, Boston Pizza is now recruiting Reverse Delivery specialists.
“There is no better way to enjoy the playoffs than in a lively sports bar with other hockey fans,” explains Schwartz. “Boston Pizza’s Reverse Delivery option makes it easier than ever to join friends and fans to watch the game on big screen TVs and enjoy delicious sports bar food in a
fun and vibrant atmosphere.”
All qualified job applicants must have:
- A valid driver’s license and a relatively clean car with seating for up to four passengers;
- A soothing singing voice to calm hungry guests (knowledge of “That’s Amore” is mandatory);
- An in-depth knowledge of Boston Pizza’s menu and all Boston Pizza locations in the Reverse Delivery Zone;
- A smart-phone with up to date mapping and GPS Apps
- The confidence to deliver guests to pizza in 45 minutes or less;
- A strong upper back and arms to carry “hangry” guests into the restaurant and full, happy guests back out (preference for candidates with “piggybacking” experience);
- Nerves of steel to put up with guests’ incessant questioning of “Are we there yet?”
About Boston Pizza
Boston Pizza International Inc. is Canada’s No. 1 casual dining brand
with more than 350 restaurants in Canada. In 2014 Boston Pizza celebrates
50 great years since opening our first location in Edmonton, Alberta in
1964. Annually, Boston Pizza serves more than 40 million guests. The
company has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best
Managed Companies. Boston Pizza believes that strong role models inspire
kids to be great, and in 2014, the Boston Pizza Foundation created Future
Prospects to help support organizations that mentor kids to reach their
full potential. Boston Pizza International Inc. is located in Richmond,
B.C. and has regional offices in Mississauga, Ontario and Laval, Quebec.
For more information visit www.bostonpizza.com.