(RIDGEWOOD, NJ, JULY 2, 2014) — Ridgewood, New Jersey’s premiere authentic Neapolitan trattoria A Mano, is pleased to announce its summer specials which will be available beginning
this holiday weekend. Celebrating ingredients of the season, the roster of rotating dishes
feature produce sourced from local purveyors, housemade-daily mozzarella and charcuterie imported from Italy.
Guests can enjoy the flavors of summer while dining at A Mano’s outdoor tables, or seated inside one of the restaurant’s three rooms. The menu showcases handcrafted artisanal
Neapolitan pizzas as well as refreshing dishes perfect for warm days. Highlights include:
- Watermelon Gazpacho – chilled puree of watermelon, tomato, cucumber, mint, onion, jalepeño and cilantro
- Crab Cake Salad – duo of crab cakes atop a composed salad of mesculin mix, avocado, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, drizzled with tangy lemon vinaigrette
- Insalata Nolcetto – spring mix, cherry tomatoes, candied walnuts, applewood bacon and gorgonzola, drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette
- Pizza Affumicato – pizza dough baked with house-made mozzarella and gruyere, then topped with smoked salmon, avocado, arugula, sprinkling of dill and balsamic glaze
- Pizza Pera Limone – topped with imported smoked buffalo mozzarella, pear, ricotta, mascarpone, crispy pancetta, lemon zest and fresh basil
- Pizza Insalata – baked pizza dough, topped with mesculin mix, cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers, artichokes, parmigiano reggiano and balsamic vinaigrette
In addition to savory specials, A Mano has added eight new smooth, sumptuous flavors to its ever-expanding arsenal of house-made gelati. Patrons can cool off with Sour Black Cherry,
Pineapple, Green Apple, Zabaglione, Biscotti, Rum Raisin, Walnut and Cappuccino varieties.
A Mano’s specials will be available throughout the summer season. Catering services are
offered both on premise and offsite.
About A Mano
A Mano, meaning “by hand,” is focused on presenting the ultimate combination of authentic ingredients, technique, and methods to create an unmatched Neapolitan experience. The restaurant has gone to great lengths to ensure the quality and authenticity of the craft of traditional Neapolitan foods, with results that speak mouthwatering volumes in every bite.
A Mano is one of only a few restaurants in the United States certified by both Italian governing associations, the Verace Pizza Napoletana and Associazone Pizzaiuoli Napoletani, to offer authentic Neapolitan Pizza. The exacting standards are what stand A Mano apart from the rest, from the expertise of the pizzaiolo (the specially-trained pizza chef) to the use of ingredients imported from Naples (from all natural Caputo flour to the San Marzano tomatoes, grown in the foothills of Mt Vesuvio). Add-in fresh mozzarella made by hand daily, along with outrageous homemade gelato and desserts, and the true concept of artisan foods are revealed. Down to the tiles and equipment from floor to ceiling, the restaurant’s entire makeup is imported from Italy.
Its twin domed ovens with round chimneys, hand-built on site by Neapolitan Artisans using stones and volcanic soil from Naples, are the centerpiece of the restaurant, stretching to the ceiling of the two-story dining room. The architecture of the wood-fired ovens allow them to reach temperatures of 1,000 degrees, creating beautifully blistering, bubbling pizza in less than two minutes.
A Mano is located at 24 Franklin Avenue (at Chestnut Street), Ridgewood, NJ 07450. Hours of operation are: Monday through Thursday, 11:30AM–10:00PM, Friday and Saturday 11:30AM-11:00PM and Sunday 12:30PM–9:00PM. For more information, please call 201.493.2000 or visit www.amanopizza.com.