Humble Pie in Peoria, Arizona, will run a one-hour summer pizza camp for kids in July. According to the Phoenix New Times, kids can toss dough, make their own mozzarella and design their own pie.
To read more, click here.
Here are some quick tips to get kids begging their parents to come to your pizzeria:
- Add variety to your kids menu. Go beyond cheese pizza, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. Offer your top sellers/specials in kid portions. You might be surprised at the results. Don’t forget to give the items creative names.
- Provide some entertainment at the table — coloring books, games, etc.
- Let them make their own pizza — have ready to make pizza trays with a variety of toppings.
- If your pizzeria consistently has a wait — be sure to keep the children entertained. Some shops have arcades, designated play tables with games, use tablets and TV to play cartoons and even provide a waiting area near the pizzaiolo station so kids can watch them toss dough.
- Train your host staff and servers to accommodate kids. Click here for great tips on catering to kids.