By nature, humans resist change. We’re comfortable with what we know and often rally against new applications and procedures, particularly when it comes to technology’s rapid pace. Operators introducing a new POS system frequently confront an imposing hurdle, namely staff cooperation. Yet, some careful planning can ease the transition and promote teamwork.
• Alert the staff of the impending change and, more importantly, why it’s being done, which includes making their job easier.
• Keep the staff abreast of your decision-making process and provide a calendar of key dates.
• Let the staff see the demos and provide their input so they can contribute to the process; after all, they’ll be using the system most.
• Remind the staff that in learning a new POS system, they’re also gaining a new job skill.
• Be patient and create a non-intimidating environment. Everybody learns at different speeds and mistakes will happen. Remain positive and encouraging.
| Keep up with the latest trends, profit making ideas, delicious recipes and more. Delivered hot
and fresh to your email every Wednesday.