Deciding on a distributor is a big task, so it’s important to ask a lot of questions to help you choose wisely. Below are some questions you should pose to potential distributors:
• How many different packers or manufacturers do you represent for olives, cheese, tomato products, etc.
• What is your documented level of order fulfillment?
• What’s your fulfillment rate commitment to us?
• What are your policies and procedures for resolving orders that are delivered incomplete?
• What’s your policy on minimum orders? What are the consequences for falling below the minimum?
• Are you willing to work your delivery schedule around our peak periods?
• How many price increases have you had during the past 24 months? What is the frequency of price changes?
• What are your payment terms?
• What is your policy on returned items?
• May I tour your facility?
• May I have a complete list of customers so I can check your references?
| Keep up with the latest trends, profit making ideas, delicious recipes and more. Delivered hot
and fresh to your email every Wednesday.