Often, seasonal employees help operators maintain service and food quality levels during particularly busy periods. Before you decide to up your crew during the upcoming summer break or the winter holidays later in the year, however, ask yourself these questions:
• Could existing staff handle the workload with increased hours?
• Is the existing staff willing to work extra hours?
• Would the cost of overtime for regular employees be greater than the cost of using additional, seasonal employees?
• What’s the labor pool situation like in my community?
• Will the season involve extended operating hours or just a heavier workload during regular operating hours?
• How many additional employee hours will it take to handle the extra work?
| Keep up with the latest trends, profit making ideas, delicious recipes and more. Delivered hot
and fresh to your email every Wednesday.