In today’s business climate, it’s not just about knowing how to produce a quality pizza or understanding your customers’ needs and wants if you want to maintain and grow your pizzeria. Attending an industry trade show is the best vehicle for obtaining new knowledge, insight and ideas that can help you position your pizzeria for future growth. At Pizza Expo you’ll find new opportunities and solutions that will produce bottom line results.
Below are a few tips that will help you get the most out of your trade show experience:
• Time is at a premium. Come prepared with a plan of attack. Download our new Pizza Expo 2013 mobile app and the Pizza Expo 2013 Guide from the Apple and Android stores.Schedule appointments with key contacts. Make a list of what you want to learn and see. Review the seminar program and pre-show workshops to see what’s being offered that will have greatest benefit and impact on you and your business.
• Take charge! You may want to arrange to meet with suppliers and/or other pizzeria operators to find out what they’re doing and what they see happening in the future. Make plans to attend the Beer & Bull® Idea Exchange to hear what other operators are thinking.
• Take time to walk the show floor thoroughly and completely. Make notes of the products, companies and booth numbers that grab your attention. Pay particular attention to new products and services being offered at the show, as well as new exhibitors.
• Knowledge is power! Take time to talk to as many industry consultants and experts as you can. Pick their brains to find out what they’re thinking and doing. What are the emerging trends, and how can they help or hurt your business? Many of these top consultants are on the seminar program.
• Last but not least, this may be one of the best times ever to purchase new equipment … certainly a buyer’s market. The fact of the matter is: no one wants to take their equipment and products back to the warehouse. Take advantage of the show specials and steep discounts being offered by our exhibiting partners. You may not have an opportunity like this again for another year.
• What are your peers doing, and how does your pizzeria compare?
• Can you leverage vendor/supplier expertise?
• Is there an opportunity to expand your menu?
• What can you do differently to outshine and outperform your competition?
Finally, write down what you learned at the show and rethink or analyze your business strategy and philosophy. How can you better position your pizzeria in the marketplace? What new ideas can you implement to achieve your goals?
There will always be winners and losers, but only those pizzeria owners and operators who arm themselves with new industry knowledge and are willing to take action toward positive change will have the ability to compete and win in today’s economy. At International Pizza Expo® you’ll gain new industry insight and knowledge that will help you strategize, improve operations and make the right decisions that will allow you to compete and WIN!
We mean business!
Executive Vice President
April 10, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Firenza Pizza & Persona Wood Fired Pizzeria – two restaurants known for their high quality and exceptional pizza product – are joining forces to become one! It’s the best of both worlds as the two merge together under the Firenza Pizza name in Spring of 2017. Sarasota, Florida, April 4, 2017 (Newswire.com) – At Firenza,… Read More ›
April 7, 2017 | Videos
April 1, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
I’ve got some exciting news to share with you regarding our Wednesday keynote address at Pizza & Pasta Northeast, which will be held October 17–18, 2017 at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Many have heard the call, but only two pizza makers have been chosen¬—at least by a national television network—to travel the country in… Read More ›