The net of online marketing is so wide and vast that it’s sometimes difficult to analyze what works from what’s a waste of your time and money. Return on investment still apply with digital marketing strategies. The Financial Post offers five digital marketing don’ts for 2014. They are:
- Don’t spread yourself too thin. While it may be fun to create entertaining, six-second videos on Vine, but if it’s not building your brand awareness and getting customers in the door, it’s time to evaluate whether to dump it. Find out what social media networks your regulars are using and focus your efforts on them.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. Since Instagram added a 15-second video function, it’s share of the social market has increased. Take a look at sites like Mashable, to see what the up-and-coming social networks are. Then, ask your fans what they think about the trend.
- Don’t disregard social advertising channels. Keep your eyes on Facebook and Twitter’s advertising channels. They are going to play a pivotal role in your presence on those networks.
- Don’t be a social media FAIL. The image that you and your team present on social networks should be in line with your pizzeria’s mission, purpose and standards. Think before you post. And when someone complains online, solve the issue as you would in your restaurant.
- Don’t undervalue e-commerce. Your sales channels are much wider than your store. Online ordering can boost sales with its upselling opportunities, increase order accuracy and free up employees on busy phone orders.
Don’t forget, you’re not alone. Pizza Today is social. We’re active on social networks to help pizzeria operators every step of the way. Follow us on:
September 19, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
October is National Pizza Month We’ve put together a list of low-cost to no-cost marketing ideas for your pizzeria make the most of National Pizza Month. They include: Original pricing from when the pizzeria opened if it’s a legacy pizzeria. Giveaway for 1 free pizza a month. Partner with another pizzeria for a charity… Read More ›
Of course, the No. 1 pizza topping in America deserves a special day. National Pepperoni Pizza Day is September 20. These pizza shops entice followers with mouth-watering pepperoni pizzas on Instagram. Show us your best shot, tag #nationalpepperonipizzaday and #pizzatoday on Instagram (IG). Get the skinny on pepperoni’s history and styles, as well as how to choose… Read More ›
September 12, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
20 Percent Of Every Order at All Fresh Brothers Stores Will Be Donated To Hurricane Flood Relief On Tuesday, September 12 and September 19 Los Angeles, CA (Sept. 12, 2017) — Fast casual pizza concept Fresh Brothers will donate 20 percent of its food and beverage sales today from all of its stores to the Greater Houston Community… Read More ›