While the origins of National Pizza Day are a bit fuzzy, anytime is a great time to celebrate pizza. February 9th has been dubbed National Pizza Day.
The day is a perfect opportunity to share your own fun pizza facts on social media. Don’t forget to use good photos. That will help its shareability. Posting your fun facts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or SnapChat is a great way to let your customers get to know your pizzeria in a fun way. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- When was the restaurant founded?
- Who was the first customer you served? (Do you remember?)
- What pizza(s) are your employees favorites? Take a shot of them holding or eating their favorite to share?
- What are your customers’ “Top 5” pizza toppings?
- How many pounds of dough do you make in a given timeframe (week, month or year)?
- How many pounds of cheese do your customers eat (week, month or year)?
- What’s the largest delivery or carryout order at your restaurant?
- Do you hold any local records/rewards?
You can also highlight a few Guinness World Records that may blow your customers’ minds:
- The world’s longest pizza was over 6,000 feet, achieved by Napoli Pizza Village in Naples, Italy in 2016.
- The world’s largest pizza measured in at just over 13,580 square feet, achieved by Dovilio Nardi in Rome, Italy in 2012.
- Our Man on the Street Scott Wiener holds the record for the largest collection of pizza boxes (595 different boxes in 2013 and still counting) in Brooklyn, NY.
- Largest pizza commercially available is 4 feet, 6 inches x 4 feet, 6 inches and is sold at Mama’s and Papa’s Pizzeria in Los Angeles.
You can check more pizza-related records at Guinness World Records. You could challenge your guests to help you set a local, regional, national or even world record.
However you mark National Pizza Day, we at Pizza Today celebrate you, the pizzeria operator. Happy National Pizza Day!
March 30, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
More results from the International Pizza Challenge and World Pizza Games See who made the Non-traditional finals at the International Pizza Challenge and who was crowned Acrobatics Champion in the World Pizza Games. International Pizza Challenge Non-Traditional Division Competing in the NON-TRADITIONAL finals are: 1) Constantino Anezinos with Zorba’s Pizza 2) Jane Mines of Nima’s… Read More ›
March 28, 2017 | Pizza Expo News
Tuesday Results: International Pizza Challenge and World Pizza Games See who advanced in the International Pizza Challenge and who won fastest box fold and fastest dough in the World Pizza Games. International Pizza Challenge NAPOLETANA FINALS WINNERS: 1. Giovanni Landi of Pizzeria Tre Ponti. Giovanni competes Thursday in the Pizzamaker of the Year competition. 2…. Read More ›
March 20, 2017 | Pizza Expo News
TROY, Ohio (March 20, 2017) — Hobart, the premium commercial food equipment manufacturer known for designing and building some of the most reliable, must-have equipment, will give away a custom-painted Legacy® HL662 Pizza Mixer at the 2017 International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas. The event will be held March 27 to 30. This year is… Read More ›