Huffington Post selected seven cities that stake claim to the best pizza in America. Take a look at why Huffington Post chose each city:
New York City, New York — birthplace of American pizza; NYC “remains at the heart of American pizza culture today
- Trenton, New Jersey — gets the nod for its “distinctive old-world charm”
- New Haven, Connecticut — the small city “has earned a reputation for world-class pizza,, cultivating its own distinctive take on the Neapolitan style”
- Chicago, Illinois — ‘thick-crust deep-pan pizza… seems somewhat symbolic of American indulgence.” Huffington Post also recognized the city for stretching beyond its thick roots to other styles
- Providence, Rhode Island — was noted for the “variety of twists on traditional methods,” such as grilled and coal-fired pizzas
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania — with its strong Italian-American population has sparked a thriving pizza culture
- Boston, Massachusetts — has a reputation for its pizzeria heritage without its own definitive style.
Check out the Huffington Post list of its top seven pizza cities.
Who’s missing? What about cities west of Chicago or south of New Jersey? What’s your “Top 7” pizza cities in the U.S.? Let the debate begin?
April 10, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Firenza Pizza & Persona Wood Fired Pizzeria – two restaurants known for their high quality and exceptional pizza product – are joining forces to become one! It’s the best of both worlds as the two merge together under the Firenza Pizza name in Spring of 2017. Sarasota, Florida, April 4, 2017 (Newswire.com) – At Firenza,… Read More ›
April 7, 2017 | Videos
April 1, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
I’ve got some exciting news to share with you regarding our Wednesday keynote address at Pizza & Pasta Northeast, which will be held October 17–18, 2017 at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Many have heard the call, but only two pizza makers have been chosen¬—at least by a national television network—to travel the country in… Read More ›