Nine independent and chain pizzerias in Hudson County, New Jersey, battled for bragging rights in a “Top Dough” blind taste test, decided by a panel of three community judges.
The public also cast ballots online and at various locations around the city of Bayonne to choose which pizzeria has the best regular pizza, best Sicilian deep dish pizza, best thin crust pizza, best unique pizza topping and best white pizza.
To check out the results, click here.
Promoting “Best Pizza” Tips
Participating in community competitions is one way to showcase your pizzeria as “the best pizza in town.” There are several other ways to substantiate your claim, including:
• Post “best of” comment cards and customer reviews on Web site and social media
• Entice patrons to brag about your product on social media
• Get a food critic’s endorsement
• Acquire local endorsements from schools, churches, organizations, athletic teams, etc.
• Enter a yearly “best of” contest, usually held by local media
• Invite local, regional and national food bloggers to dine at your pizzeria
• Compete in the International Pizza Challenge at International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas
Once you have collected all of your accolades, don’t forget to communicate them, through your:
• social media
• in-store/exterior banners or signage
• advertising materials
• news releases to local media
Brag about your reputation. You’ve earned it.
To explore more marketing ideas from PizzaToday.com, click here.
July 21, 2017 | Videos
Frank Pinello, owner of Best Pizza in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, leads off his second season of The Pizza Show at International Pizza Expo 2017. Pinello takes The Pizza Show viewers into the world of pizza and its culture. The Pizza Show is presented by VICE Media’s food-centric channel Munchies (@Munchies) Read More ›
July 10, 2017 | Press Releases
Additional Dollar Will be Donated by Cottage Inn Pizza for Every #GlutINNfree Social Media Post with Photo of Gluten-Free Pizza ANN ARBOR, Mich. – There’s no pizza like Cottage Inn Pizza —and this time, on July 13, they are celebrating their gluten-free menu by hosting a “Dine and Donate” event! Cottage Inn has long been… Read More ›
July 7, 2017 | Press Releases
Elgin, Ill. (July 6, 2017) – The CTX WOW! Grilling System has been chosen as a recipient of the 2017 Kitchen Innovation Award from the National Restaurant Association. The award was presented at the National Restaurant Association Show in May. “It is exciting that the Middleby Marshall and the CTX team are able to continuously… Read More ›