Nine independent and chain pizzerias in Hudson County, New Jersey, battled for bragging rights in a “Top Dough” blind taste test, decided by a panel of three community judges.
The public also cast ballots online and at various locations around the city of Bayonne to choose which pizzeria has the best regular pizza, best Sicilian deep dish pizza, best thin crust pizza, best unique pizza topping and best white pizza.
To check out the results, click here.
Promoting “Best Pizza” Tips
Participating in community competitions is one way to showcase your pizzeria as “the best pizza in town.” There are several other ways to substantiate your claim, including:
• Post “best of” comment cards and customer reviews on Web site and social media
• Entice patrons to brag about your product on social media
• Get a food critic’s endorsement
• Acquire local endorsements from schools, churches, organizations, athletic teams, etc.
• Enter a yearly “best of” contest, usually held by local media
• Invite local, regional and national food bloggers to dine at your pizzeria
• Compete in the International Pizza Challenge at International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas
Once you have collected all of your accolades, don’t forget to communicate them, through your:
• social media
• in-store/exterior banners or signage
• advertising materials
• news releases to local media
Brag about your reputation. You’ve earned it.
To explore more marketing ideas from PizzaToday.com, click here.
December 1, 2016 | Pizza Expo News
During 30-plus years in the pizza business, Dan Collier has advanced from delivery driver to director of operations for 20 units of Rusty’s Pizza to rebranding as an independent in 2012. He now has eight PizzaMan Dan’s stores in the Los Angeles area. Dan is a regular speaker at Pizza Expo and, with Glenn Cybulski,… Read More ›
“If I called it Detroit style the Detroit guys would say, ‘That’s not Detroit style.’ If I called it Sicilian, they’d say, ‘That’s not Sicilian.’” So says our Pizza Maker of the Year winner from the 2016 International Pizza Challenge. For now the pizza being experimented on by Nino Coniglio shall remain nameless. The creative… Read More ›
Come to Pizza Expo in March and take a real busman’s holiday — aboard a tour bus of like-minded pizzeria owners visiting three of the best places in Las Vegas. The tour is being led by Scott Wiener, famous for his pizza tours of New York City and a recognized authority on pizza history. Those… Read More ›