Nine independent and chain pizzerias in Hudson County, New Jersey, battled for bragging rights in a “Top Dough” blind taste test, decided by a panel of three community judges.
The public also cast ballots online and at various locations around the city of Bayonne to choose which pizzeria has the best regular pizza, best Sicilian deep dish pizza, best thin crust pizza, best unique pizza topping and best white pizza.
To check out the results, click here.
Promoting “Best Pizza” Tips
Participating in community competitions is one way to showcase your pizzeria as “the best pizza in town.” There are several other ways to substantiate your claim, including:
• Post “best of” comment cards and customer reviews on Web site and social media
• Entice patrons to brag about your product on social media
• Get a food critic’s endorsement
• Acquire local endorsements from schools, churches, organizations, athletic teams, etc.
• Enter a yearly “best of” contest, usually held by local media
• Invite local, regional and national food bloggers to dine at your pizzeria
• Compete in the International Pizza Challenge at International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas
Once you have collected all of your accolades, don’t forget to communicate them, through your:
• social media
• in-store/exterior banners or signage
• advertising materials
• news releases to local media
Brag about your reputation. You’ve earned it.
To explore more marketing ideas from PizzaToday.com, click here.
January 12, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
I dip, you dip, we dip! A tantalizing dip is a great way to provide instant gratification. Many can be made ahead of time and simply heated or plated. A favorite in Pizza Today’s home base of Louisville, Kentucky is beer cheese. Now, there’s debate on whether it should be served hot or cold. But… Read More ›
January 11, 2017 | Press Releases
Dallas, Texas – RAVE Restaurant Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:RAVE) today announced that the Board of Directors has named Scott Crane as Chief Executive Officer, effective today. Crane succeeds Interim CEO Clinton J. Coleman, who will remain in his role as a member of the Board, where he has served since 2007. “Scott is dynamic leader… Read More ›
January 4, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
As a new year rang in, the food industry made its predictions of restaurant trends that will sweep the nation, from rising concepts to customer-facing tech and hot menu items. How do these forecasts correlate to the pizza industry? What’s going to be this year’s hot pizza style? What are your predictions? Let’s take a… Read More ›