Nine independent and chain pizzerias in Hudson County, New Jersey, battled for bragging rights in a “Top Dough” blind taste test, decided by a panel of three community judges.
The public also cast ballots online and at various locations around the city of Bayonne to choose which pizzeria has the best regular pizza, best Sicilian deep dish pizza, best thin crust pizza, best unique pizza topping and best white pizza.
To check out the results, click here.
Promoting “Best Pizza” Tips
Participating in community competitions is one way to showcase your pizzeria as “the best pizza in town.” There are several other ways to substantiate your claim, including:
• Post “best of” comment cards and customer reviews on Web site and social media
• Entice patrons to brag about your product on social media
• Get a food critic’s endorsement
• Acquire local endorsements from schools, churches, organizations, athletic teams, etc.
• Enter a yearly “best of” contest, usually held by local media
• Invite local, regional and national food bloggers to dine at your pizzeria
• Compete in the International Pizza Challenge at International Pizza Expo in Las Vegas
Once you have collected all of your accolades, don’t forget to communicate them, through your:
• social media
• in-store/exterior banners or signage
• advertising materials
• news releases to local media
Brag about your reputation. You’ve earned it.
To explore more marketing ideas from PizzaToday.com, click here.
April 10, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Firenza Pizza & Persona Wood Fired Pizzeria – two restaurants known for their high quality and exceptional pizza product – are joining forces to become one! It’s the best of both worlds as the two merge together under the Firenza Pizza name in Spring of 2017. Sarasota, Florida, April 4, 2017 (Newswire.com) – At Firenza,… Read More ›
April 7, 2017 | Videos
April 1, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
I’ve got some exciting news to share with you regarding our Wednesday keynote address at Pizza & Pasta Northeast, which will be held October 17–18, 2017 at the Atlantic City Convention Center. Many have heard the call, but only two pizza makers have been chosen¬—at least by a national television network—to travel the country in… Read More ›