Humble Pie in Peoria, Arizona, will run a one-hour summer pizza camp for kids in July. According to the Phoenix New Times, kids can toss dough, make their own mozzarella and design their own pie.
To read more, click here.
Here are some quick tips to get kids begging their parents to come to your pizzeria:
- Add variety to your kids menu. Go beyond cheese pizza, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. Offer your top sellers/specials in kid portions. You might be surprised at the results. Don’t forget to give the items creative names.
- Provide some entertainment at the table — coloring books, games, etc.
- Let them make their own pizza — have ready to make pizza trays with a variety of toppings.
- If your pizzeria consistently has a wait — be sure to keep the children entertained. Some shops have arcades, designated play tables with games, use tablets and TV to play cartoons and even provide a waiting area near the pizzaiolo station so kids can watch them toss dough.
- Train your host staff and servers to accommodate kids. Click here for great tips on catering to kids.
July 10, 2017 | Press Releases
Additional Dollar Will be Donated by Cottage Inn Pizza for Every #GlutINNfree Social Media Post with Photo of Gluten-Free Pizza ANN ARBOR, Mich. – There’s no pizza like Cottage Inn Pizza —and this time, on July 13, they are celebrating their gluten-free menu by hosting a “Dine and Donate” event! Cottage Inn has long been… Read More ›
July 7, 2017 | Press Releases
Elgin, Ill. (July 6, 2017) – The CTX WOW! Grilling System has been chosen as a recipient of the 2017 Kitchen Innovation Award from the National Restaurant Association. The award was presented at the National Restaurant Association Show in May. “It is exciting that the Middleby Marshall and the CTX team are able to continuously… Read More ›
July 1, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
October 17-18, 2017 Developed specifically for owners and operators of pizzerias and Italian restaurants, there’s something for everyone at the new Pizza & Pasta Northeast tradeshow. For two jam-packed days, you’ll have access to more than 200 booths of products and services, as well as top-shelf demonstrations, workshops, seminars and special events. Whether you’re an… Read More ›