Humble Pie in Peoria, Arizona, will run a one-hour summer pizza camp for kids in July. According to the Phoenix New Times, kids can toss dough, make their own mozzarella and design their own pie.
To read more, click here.
Here are some quick tips to get kids begging their parents to come to your pizzeria:
- Add variety to your kids menu. Go beyond cheese pizza, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. Offer your top sellers/specials in kid portions. You might be surprised at the results. Don’t forget to give the items creative names.
- Provide some entertainment at the table — coloring books, games, etc.
- Let them make their own pizza — have ready to make pizza trays with a variety of toppings.
- If your pizzeria consistently has a wait — be sure to keep the children entertained. Some shops have arcades, designated play tables with games, use tablets and TV to play cartoons and even provide a waiting area near the pizzaiolo station so kids can watch them toss dough.
- Train your host staff and servers to accommodate kids. Click here for great tips on catering to kids.
November 16, 2017 | Videos
Pizza Today Editor-in-Chief Jeremy White breaks down what you need to do to become the 2018 Young Entrepreneur of the Year. Don’t delay. Submissions are due by December 15. More details at 2018 Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Read More ›
November 15, 2017 | Press Releases
Fast-Casual Build-Your-Own Pizza Restaurant Offers Locally Inspired Components at each Restaurant ANAHEIM, Calif. —The Pizza Press, a leading fast-casual, build-your-own pizza restaurant, has its eyes set on national expansion with 30 restaurants slated to open by early 2018. As the franchise continues its development efforts, it has put an extreme focus on maintaining local relevance… Read More ›
MAFIAoZAs 12 South Pizzeria and Neighborhood Pub To Be Featured on The Cooking Channel’s LATE NIGHT EATS Nashville
NASHVILLE, TN—November 14, 2017-MAFIAoZAs 12South Pizzeria and Neighborhood Pub is excited to announce that the restaurant will be featured on The Cooking Channel’s LATE NIGHT EATS, Nashville. This Fall, the Cooking Channel and Chef Jordan Andino take a multi-city road trip to find the best dishes available after-dark in the new thirteen-episode series, LATE NIGHT EATS…. Read More ›