Humble Pie in Peoria, Arizona, will run a one-hour summer pizza camp for kids in July. According to the Phoenix New Times, kids can toss dough, make their own mozzarella and design their own pie.
To read more, click here.
Here are some quick tips to get kids begging their parents to come to your pizzeria:
- Add variety to your kids menu. Go beyond cheese pizza, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. Offer your top sellers/specials in kid portions. You might be surprised at the results. Don’t forget to give the items creative names.
- Provide some entertainment at the table — coloring books, games, etc.
- Let them make their own pizza — have ready to make pizza trays with a variety of toppings.
- If your pizzeria consistently has a wait — be sure to keep the children entertained. Some shops have arcades, designated play tables with games, use tablets and TV to play cartoons and even provide a waiting area near the pizzaiolo station so kids can watch them toss dough.
- Train your host staff and servers to accommodate kids. Click here for great tips on catering to kids.
April 26, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-inspired pizza features 101 cheeses On Sunday, April 23, Scottie Rivera and his crew at Scottie’s Pizza Parlor in Portland, Oregon, set a new world record with its Centouno Formaggio (101 Cheese Pizza). The pizza has been submitted to Guinness World Records for the “Most Cheeses on a Pizza”. “This pizza is inspired… Read More ›
April 10, 2017 | Pizza Headlines
Firenza Pizza & Persona Wood Fired Pizzeria – two restaurants known for their high quality and exceptional pizza product – are joining forces to become one! It’s the best of both worlds as the two merge together under the Firenza Pizza name in Spring of 2017. Sarasota, Florida, April 4, 2017 (Newswire.com) – At Firenza,… Read More ›
April 7, 2017 | Videos