Humble Pie in Peoria, Arizona, will run a one-hour summer pizza camp for kids in July. According to the Phoenix New Times, kids can toss dough, make their own mozzarella and design their own pie.
To read more, click here.
Here are some quick tips to get kids begging their parents to come to your pizzeria:
- Add variety to your kids menu. Go beyond cheese pizza, chicken nuggets and mac and cheese. Offer your top sellers/specials in kid portions. You might be surprised at the results. Don’t forget to give the items creative names.
- Provide some entertainment at the table — coloring books, games, etc.
- Let them make their own pizza — have ready to make pizza trays with a variety of toppings.
- If your pizzeria consistently has a wait — be sure to keep the children entertained. Some shops have arcades, designated play tables with games, use tablets and TV to play cartoons and even provide a waiting area near the pizzaiolo station so kids can watch them toss dough.
- Train your host staff and servers to accommodate kids. Click here for great tips on catering to kids.
December 1, 2016 | Pizza Expo News
During 30-plus years in the pizza business, Dan Collier has advanced from delivery driver to director of operations for 20 units of Rusty’s Pizza to rebranding as an independent in 2012. He now has eight PizzaMan Dan’s stores in the Los Angeles area. Dan is a regular speaker at Pizza Expo and, with Glenn Cybulski,… Read More ›
“If I called it Detroit style the Detroit guys would say, ‘That’s not Detroit style.’ If I called it Sicilian, they’d say, ‘That’s not Sicilian.’” So says our Pizza Maker of the Year winner from the 2016 International Pizza Challenge. For now the pizza being experimented on by Nino Coniglio shall remain nameless. The creative… Read More ›
Come to Pizza Expo in March and take a real busman’s holiday — aboard a tour bus of like-minded pizzeria owners visiting three of the best places in Las Vegas. The tour is being led by Scott Wiener, famous for his pizza tours of New York City and a recognized authority on pizza history. Those… Read More ›