Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- In a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Do not let it brown.
- Add the whipping cream.
- Bring the mixture to a low boil for 2-3 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- The sauce is now ready to toss with cooked and drained pasta and finish off.
- Scale up in direct proportion.
- By adding rounds of thinly sliced zucchini, blanched broccoli florets and cooked peas to the sauce when reducing it, you will now have Primavera sauce.