Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 1 9-ounce dough ball
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella/provolone-mix
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 20 gnudi from recipe on page 38
- 1 cup egg wash (70 percent whipped eggs with 30 percent water)
- Take a full sheet pan and place parchment on it.
- Roll out the dough ball thinly into as much of a square as possible.
- Cut 10 to 20 small 2½ x 2½ inch squares with a pizza cutter.
- Place five strands of cheese in the middle of each square.
- Dab a small dollop of pizza sauce the size of a dime on the cheese.
- Place the cooked gnudi on the pizza and top with five more strands of cheese.
- Grab two corners from polar opposite sides and fold one atop the other.
- Repeat with the final two corners and press the dough on top to stick the corners together.
- Eggwash the dough and place on the parchment.
- Cook at 475 F for six or seven minutes to a golden brown.