Sweet and Sour Stuffed Poblanos and Jalepeños
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 2 cups pizzeria pineapple tidbits
- ¾ cups chopped feta cheese
- ¼ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 ounces pizzeria ham diced fine
- 2 ounces diced bacon
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mash for stuffing.
- Cut the top of six to eight poblano peppers (or up to 15 large jalepeños) and take out the seeds using a small knife. You may keep the top of each pepper for a better presentation if you wish.
- Stuff the filling in each pepper and place on parchment paper or aluminum foil on a tray.
- Place in an oven at 450 F for 15 to 20 minutes until the pepper is cooked and the filling is melted.
- (Optional) Freeze each stuffed pepper until needed, then place frozen pepper in a 450 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes to heat up.
- Top with mozzarella and blast under a broiler until melted, transfer to a plate and top with chopped cilantro, avocado, more pineapple, onion and cooked bacon bits and serve.