Baked Spaghetti with Bechemel Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (or Parmesan Reggiano), divided
- Marinara sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked tender
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup béchamel sauce
- In a bowl, stir ricotta cheese, egg and ¾ cup Parmesan cheese.
- In a baking dish, layer cooked spaghetti, half of the ricotta cheese mixture and ⅓ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with one more layer.
- Drizzle with béchamel sauce and top casserole with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake at 450 for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cook’s notes: You can use a Bolognese sauce with this recipe, or advertise it as vegetarian. Watch baking times, since your pizza oven is likely to bake at different temperatures.