Barbecue Chicken & Scamorza Pizza
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: pizza
- 2 12-inch pizza shells
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 whole skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce of your choice
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Scamorza
- In a skillet set over medium-hgh heat, warm the vegetable oil for 1 min.
- Add the chicken.
- Stir and cook until the chicken is cooked throuigh, about 4 min.
- Remove the chicken from the pan with a slotted spoon and reserve. (Can be prepped ahead and held in the cooler.)
- In a large bowl, toss the cooked chicken with the barbecue sauce to oat.
- Divide the chicken equally between the two pizza shells.
- Sprinkle ½ cup of red onion evenly over each pizza.
- Sprinkle an equal amount of the cheese on each pizza.
- Bake at 450 F until crust is golden brown and cheese bubbles.