Best Ever Onion Rings
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
- 3 large onions (about 9-11 ounces each), peeled and trimmed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of beer
- Cut onions crosswise into ½-inch slices; pull apart into rings.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Stir in beer, beating with wire whip until foam is gone.
- Toss onion rings in batter.
- Transfer to plate, letting excess drip off as you transfer.
- Drop batter-coated onion rings into hot oil, about 10-20 at a time.
- Fry 2-4 minutes or until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.