Big Dave's Pizza Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sauce
- 2 cans all-purpose ground tomatoes
- 2 cans heavy tomato purees
- 1¼ cans water
- .6 ounces leaf basil
- .6 ounces leaf oregano
- 2 ounces black pepper
- 2 ounces granulated garlic
- 1 ounce granulated onion
- 4 ounces salt
- 4 ounces sugar
- 8 ounces olive oil
- 3 ounces Parmesan-Romano cheese
- Open the ground tomatoes and pour into a 22-quart container.
- Scrape tomato puree into container.
- Fill one can with water.
- Pour back and forth between all cans until all tomato solids are rinsed with from walls.
- Pour water into two clean cans and add ¼ more water into one of them.
- Add all dry spices into one of the cans of water and stir.
- Let spices rehydrate for 5 minutes.
- Pour all water into container and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Pour in olive oil and stir again.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and stir again.
- Date and refrigerate.
- Good for 7 days.