Bow Ties with Asian Chicken
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 2 ½ pounds bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 6 ounces soy sauce
- 3 ounces honey
- 3 ounces lime juice
- 1 ½ ounces country-style Dijon mustard (with seeds)
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into ½ –inch cubes
- 12 ounces chicken broth
- 4 small red bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly lengthwise
- 12 scallions, trimmed and sliced thinly
- Ground pepper to taste
- 4 ounces fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook pasta in boiling water until barely done.
- Drain and shock in ice water.
- Drain again, toss with oil to coat, and set aside for service.
- Mix soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and mustard in a bowl.
- Add chicken pieces and turn to coat all.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and marinade, and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and add chicken broth to all.
- Stir well.
- For service, put a generous 8-ounce ladle of the chicken and broth mixture into a sauté pan.
- Add 1 cup pasta, 2 ounces red pepper and ½ ounce scallions.
- Stir until heated through.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Plate in pasta bowl, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.