- 2 ½ pounds bow tie pasta (farfalle)
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 6 ounces soy sauce
- 3 ounces honey
- 3 ounces lime juice
- 1 ½ ounces country-style Dijon mustard (with seeds)
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
- 12 ounces chicken broth
- 4 small red bell peppers, seeded and sliced thinly lengthwise
- 12 scallions, trimmed and sliced thinly
- Ground pepper to taste
- 4 ounces fresh parsley, chopped
Instructions 1. Cook pasta in boiling water until barely done. Drain and shock in ice water. Drain again, toss with oil to coat, and set aside for service.
2. Mix soy sauce, honey, lime juice, and mustard in a bowl. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat all. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and marinade, and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and add chicken broth to all. Stir well.
4. For service, put a generous 8-ounce ladle of the chicken and broth mixture into a sauté pan. Add 1 cup pasta, 2 ounces red pepper and ½ ounce scallions. Stir until heated through. Add pepper to taste. Plate in pasta bowl, garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.