Breaded Mozzarella Balls (provided by Grande Cheese)
provided by Grande Cheese
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: appetizers
Serves: 7 breaded mozzarella balls
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 7 balls Ciliegine Fresh Mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan, grated Marinara sauce, as needed
- Mix together the flour and pepper; set aside in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk; set aside.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
- Set up a breading station with the flour first, the egg mix second, and the bread crumbs last.
- Toss the mozzarella balls in the flour, shake off excess flour, and then drop into the egg mix to coat.
- Remove and allow draining of excess egg mix, then place the coated mozzarella balls in the bowl with the bread crumbs.
- Toss well until coated.
- Fry in a deep fryer, preheated to 350°F, for 2 to 3 minutes until browned and melted on the inside.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese and serve with a side of marinara sauce.