Butternut Squash Bisque
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: soups
- 5 pounds butternut squash, deseeded & roasted
- 2-1/2 medium onions, diced
- 13 cup garlic, chopped
- 5 carrots, julienned
- ⅓ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/4 quarts heavy cream
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 ounce fresh thyme, chopped
- 78 ounces chicken stock
- 2-1/2 ounces butter
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Lightly oil the deseeded squash and roast at 350 F, uncovered, skin side up, for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a large pot, add butter and saute onions and carrots.
- Add herbs and spices.
- Add squash, followed by the chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, scoop bay leaves out and discard.
- Use a food processor to puree the ingredients until a smooth, soupy consistency is achieved.
- Place soup back in pot and return to stove top to keep warm.
- Add heavy cream and stir until well blended.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.