California Avocado and Grilled Shrimp BLT Sandwich
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 48 (#3) shrimp, 16 count, cooked, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 24 1-inch thick egg bread slices
- 6 (#3) California avocados
- 12 Roma tomatoes, sliced lengthwise
- 48 peppered bacon slices, cooked crisp
- Butter lettuce leaves, as needed
- In a large bowl mix the oil, basil and garlic; stir in shrimp.
- Marinate shrimp up to 4 hours, refrigerated.
- Grill shrimp over high heat until bright orange, about 1 minute on each side.
- Drain on paper towel; cool.
- Split in half; season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on 2 toasted bread slices.
- Layer 4 reserved shrimp, ½ avocado, sliced, 1 sliced tomato, 4 slices bacon and lettuce leaves; finish with second slice of bread.
- Spear sandwich with picks at each corner and cut into quarters.