Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 5 cloves chopped garlic
- 10 plum tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh pesto
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 leaves of fresh basil sliced thinly
- Shaved Parmesan
- Sauté onions and garlic in the olive oil until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, pesto and broth and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- This makes a fantastic vegetarian based sauce to toss with any pasta dish. Capellini is in the angel hair category.
- Toss this hot sauce with the pasta until it is well coated and serve it in a pasta bowl.
- Garnish with the fresh basil and shaved Parmesan.
- Grilled, steak, pork tenderloin, chicken or shrimp would make an excellent add-on!