Carolina Golden Chicken Tender Pita
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- 36 1 ounce chicken tenders
- 2-1/2 cups Cattlemen's Carolina Tangy Gold Barbecue Sauce
- 12 large whole-wheat pitas
- 48 Bibb lettuce-leaves
- 24 cooked bacon strips
- 24 sliced tomatoes
- 3 cups dices avocado
- To make each pita, grill 3 chicken tenders and toss with 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce.
- Warm a pita, cut across top and open without tearing sides.
- Gently and artistically stuff pita with 4 bibb leaves, two slices of bacon cut in half, 2 slices of tomato and chicken tenders.
- Garnish with ¼ cup avocado.