- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mashed anchovies
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 pound cavatappi or other short curly pasta
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, Worcestershire , lemon juice, anchovies, garlic and romaine lettuce. Toss well to combine. Set aside.
Cook the pasta is abundant boiling salted water until it is al dente. Drain well.
Working quickly (the heat of the pasta is necessary to soften the lettuce), toss the hot pasta with the tomato and lettuce mixture. Sprinkle on the grated Parmesan. Serve at once.