Cavatappi with Caesar Sauce and Romaine
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: salads
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mashed anchovies
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups coarsely chopped romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 pound cavatappi or other short curly pasta
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, Worcestershire , lemon juice, anchovies, garlic and romaine lettuce.
- Toss well to combine.
- Set aside.
- Cook the pasta is abundant boiling salted water until it is al dente.
- Drain well.
- Working quickly (the heat of the pasta is necessary to soften the lettuce), toss the hot pasta with the tomato and lettuce mixture.
- Sprinkle on the grated Parmesan.
- Serve at once.