Cheese Parmesan Sandwich
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ pounds provolone or smoked provolone, cut into strips about 1x ½-inch.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat oil in 10x12-inch sauté pan over low heat and sauté garlic for 3 minutes, but do not brown.
- Remove garlic and discard.
- Add cheese strip, arranging them in one layer.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on each side without allowing the cheese to brown.
- Sprinkle the cheese with oregano, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the cheese from the pan and place onto a plate.
- Cut cheese into four equal servings.
- for each Panini, put one portion of the cheese on a Italian bread roll or bun.
- Spread some hot, prepared and seasoned tomato sauce, such as marinara, over the chicken.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the sauce along with some grated parmesan and serve.