Chef Jeff's Whole Grain Pizza Dough
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough/breads
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 ounce instant dry yeast
- 2 ounces sugar
- 17 ounces whole wheat flour
- 12 ounces high gluten flour
- 6 ounces dry quick oats zipped up in the food processor
- 2-1/2 ounces wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Water as needed
- Like making regular dough, add yeast & half the sugar to the warm water.
- Whisk it and set aside until it starts to foam (about 5 min.).
- Mix with all other ingredients using a dough hook in a mixer until dough is mixed well.
- This recipe will yield you six 11-1/2-ounce dough balls with which you can make six 12-inch, thin-crust, whole-wheat pizzas.
- Set dough aside, covered, under refrigeration for a minimum of 3 hours before using.