Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entree
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour for coating
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, fresh or canned
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano,
- Dredge chicken pieces lightly in flour mixture, shaking off excess
- In a large skillet, melt butter and oil over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts in the pan and lightly brown.
- Turn over chicken pieces and add mushrooms.
- Pour in wine and stock.
- Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink an juices run clear.