- Chicken breast
- Salt & pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Italian bread roll or bun
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Instructions 1. Pat dry boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (suggested portion for one sandwich is a breast half, or approximately 4 ounces). Place breast between sheets of double folded plastic wrap and pound to a thickness of a bit less than ¼-inch.
2. Season breast with salt and pepper. Coat with flour on both sides and shake off excess. Dip breast in lightly beaten egg; roll in fresh breadcrumbs that have been mixed with grated parmesan cheese, pressing on the crumbs so they adhere to the chicken.
3. Pan-fry breast in vegetable oil until cooked through and golden brown. Set aside.
4. Arrange cooked chicken breast halves on Italian bread roll or bun. Spread some hot, prepared and seasoned tomato sauce, such as marinara, over the chicken. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the sauce along with some grated Parmesan.