Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: sandwich
- Chicken breast
- Salt & pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- Parmesan cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Italian bread roll or bun
- Marinara sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Pat dry boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (suggested portion for one sandwich is a breast half, or approximately 4 ounces).
- Place breast between sheets of double folded plastic wrap and pound to a thickness of a bit less than ¼-inch.
- Season breast with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour on both sides and shake off excess.
- Dip breast in lightly beaten egg; roll in fresh breadcrumbs that have been mixed with grated parmesan cheese, pressing on the crumbs so they adhere to the chicken.
- Pan-fry breast in vegetable oil until cooked through and golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Arrange cooked chicken breast halves on Italian bread roll or bun.
- Spread some hot, prepared and seasoned tomato sauce, such as marinara, over the chicken. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the sauce along with some grated Parmesan.