Chocolate Hazelnut Pudding Cake (Gianduia)
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup hot water
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking power and sugar.
- Add milk and canola oil and combine.
- Fold in the hazelnuts.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Grease bottom and sides of an 8x8-inch square pan with unsalted butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put chocolate morsels in a 2-3 cup Pyrex or glass measuring cup and microwave at medium power, stirring two or three times to melt the chocolate.
- In that same cup, add the brown sugar, Nutella and cocoa powder.
- Mix to combine.
- Pour the hot water over the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 35-40 min., until it is set.
- Let cool.
- Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream or dust each serving with powdered sugar.