Classic Spaghetti Bolognese
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 celery ribs, finely dices
- ¾ cup carrots, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 16 ounces chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup red wine
- ¾ cup beef boullion
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Brown the beef in a medium pan; drain the fat.
- Heat oil in same pan over moderate heat.
- Add onion, garlic, celery and carrots; cook until vegetables are softened.
- Add tomato puree, chopped tomatoes, red wine, bay leaves and beef boullion.
- Stir, simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaves just before serving.
- Cook pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Drain; serve with Bolognese Sauce.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.