Creamy Risotto with Prosciutto and Asparagus
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- ¼ cup fresh chopped garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- Salt and Pepper
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese + ¼ cup for garnish
- ½ pound asparagus
- 1 pound prosciutto
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, add garlic and cook until garlic just starts to turn brown.
- Add the rice and cook over medium heat, stirring often.
- Add one cup of chicken stock and stir until absorbed.
- Slowly add the remaining 4 cups one at a time, stirring until each one is absorbed before adding the next.
- Steam asparagus until soft, brush with olive oil and cook in wood-fired pizza oven for 8-10 min.
- Chop into bite size pieces and add to cooked risotto.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove risotto from heat and stir in Parmesan and heavy whipping cream.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat add proscuitto and cook until crispy.
- Top risotto with crispy proscuitto, Parmesan and fresh chopped herbs.