Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled amaretti (Italian almond macaroons)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 8 firm ripe small peaches, halved lengthwise and pitted
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter & swirl it into a glass or ceramic baking dish.
- In food processor, process the amaretti until it is the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Add flour, sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Process & blend until butter is incorporated.
- Add egg and blend until smooth.
- Scoop some of the peach pulp from the center of each peach half (I use a small spoon) to create a cavity that will hold the filling.
- Slice a small piece off the bottom of each peach half so that it doesn't tilt.
- Arrange each peach half, cut side up, in the baking dish.
- Divide the amaretti mixture among the peaches.
- Bake until the filling puffs a bit and gets crisp (about 35 min.).
- Serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream.