Easy Ricotta Cheesecake
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: desserts
- 2 pounds ricotta (drained of excess water)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 large eggs
- Confectioners' sugar
- Butter and lightly flour a 10-inch springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine ricotta sugar and orange zest and whip to a smooth consistency.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating each into the batter to blend until the batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan.
- Bounce the pan gently on the work surfacteto smooth out the batter.
- Place the pan on a sheet pan and put it on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes; time will vary relative to type of oven (deck, confection). If the top is browning too fast, cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Test to see if it is done by sticking a piece of spaghetti or a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Turn off oven and leave the cheesecake to rest, with the door ajar for another 25 minutes (this step allows it to settle).
- Take the cheesecake out of the oven and bring to room temperature.
- Sprinkle generously with the confectioners' sugar.
- Serve in slices, on a chilled plate dusted with confectioners' sugar.
- Serve with a lemon sauce swirl (combine lemon juice with confectioners' sugar and water to a pouring consistency) on the plate (optional).
- Variations: Add golden raisins that have been plumped in hot water and drained. Add honey (about 2 tablespoon to the batter) if you want a sweeter cheesecake.