Double-Layered Cajun Lasagna
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 pound andouille sausage, quartered & sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, large dice
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Olive oil for sauteing
- ½ cup Vadalia onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- White Sauce (recipe follows)
- 10 to 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- WHITE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Pinch of cayenne
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine sausage, chicken and Cajun seasoning.
- Cook hicken through, about 8 min.
- Remove meat from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside.
- Saute in olive oil: onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cooked meat and white sauce.
- In a greased 9x13-inch hotel pan, cover bottom with 4 lasagna noodles.
- Spread with ½ of the meat mixture.
- Repeat layers; cover with a layer of noodles.
- Spread remaining White Sauce over top. top with mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in 325 F oven for 1 hour. Let stand 15 mi. before serving or chilling.
- Cook's Note: Can prebake lasagna, cool, then slice.
- Reheat slices per order.