Rolled Pizza Basics
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: dough
Serves: 1 large 6x16-inch loaf, which yields 6-8 servings as an appetizer, 4 as an entrée, or 4 individual loaves
- 22-24 ounces pizza dough, ready to use
- Roll out the dough into a 12x16-inch rectangle.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border all around, and continue layering the remaining ingredients in the following manner.
- Roll the dough up in a jellyroll fashion (for panino saporito and mezzaluna), starting from the top and rolling toward you, ending with the seam side down.
- Tuck in the ends and pinch them into points.
- Lift the roll onto a prepared baking pan with two spatulas and let rise in the pan for 30 minutes before baking. For a thinner outer crust and a less bread-like interior, bake immediately.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until the crust is nice and golden brown.
- For the best results, with the heavier-filled rolled pizzas, wait 10-15 minutes before slicing.