Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- You’ll need:
- 6 pasta sheets
- 1 pound of cooked chicken breast marinated in mild buffalo sauce
- Make a cheese blend of:
- 3 pounds ricotta
- 4 eggs
- 2 pounds of diced or shredded mozzarella/provolone blend
- 1 cup Parmesan
- Salt, pepper, garlic to taste
- You’ll also need:
- 1½ cups of mild buffalo sauce to use between layers while assembling
- Let’s assemble.
- Start by spraying your pan with non-stick spray.
- Lightly coat the bottom of the pan with buffalo sauce.
- Place a pasta sheet in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread a thin layer of your cheese blend over the noodle.
- Sprinkle some buffalo chicken over the cheese with a drizzle of buffalo sauce.
- Now repeat the steps starting with the pasta sheet until your lasagna is assembled.
- You want to finish the top of the lasagna with a pasta sheet topped with buffalo sauce.
- Now cover the sauce with parchment paper or a deli sheet then cover with foil.
- Bake at 325 for approximately 50 to 60 minutes or until you reach an internal temperature of 165 F.
- Let it set for at least 30 minutes before attempting to cut it and serve it.
- Top each piece before serving with mozzarella/provolone cheese blend and bake for a couple of minutes.
- (Note: adding caramelized onions and sautéed peppers would be an excellent addition to the layers of this lasagna as an option.)