Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 10 6-8 ounce chicken breasts
- 10 whole eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 15 ounces Italian bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of milk
- Olive oil
- 2 to 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- House tomato sauce
- Fillet chicken breasts into two.
- Pound with mallet if desired.
- For the egg wash, whip eggs with milk, then add ½ cup Parmesan, ¼ cup parsley and 1 tablespoon crushed garlic.
- For the bread crumb mixture, combine Italian bread crumbs, salt and pepper, ½ cup parsley and 2 tablespoons garlic.
- Thoroughly soak chicken breasts in egg mixture.
- Drop into bread crumb mixture and roll each breast until coated.
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Cook chicken in oil until done and well browned on both sides.
- Cover the bottom of a pan with tomato sauce.
- Place chicken breasts in the pan and top each breast with mozzarella.
- Add a touch more tomato sauce.
- Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes.