Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ pound crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ pound grated Fontina cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chicken broth or stock
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the flour and cook and stir for 2 minutes, until the mixture froths. Do not let brown too much.
- Add the heavy cream slowly in a steady cream and continue to mix thoroughly while the mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly, to thicken the mixture.
- Lower the heat to medium.
- Add the Gorgonzola, Fontina and Parmesan cheese.
- Cook and stir until all the cheese has melted.
- Add the chicken broth and salt and pepper to taste.
- To the sauce add one or more of the following cooked vegetables, zucchini, yellow squash, peas, broccoli, mushrooms—about 1 ½ cups total
- Pour the sauce over ¾ pound cooked fettuccine.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese on the side.