Pollo Cacciatore al Forno
Author: Pizza Today
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cups sliced red bell peppers
- 2 cups sliced green bell peppers
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup sliced domestic (white) mushrooms
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 chickens (3 pounds each), washed, dried, cut into 12 pieces
- In a large braising pan, heat ½ cup olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the peppers, celery and mushrooms.
- Cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes to soften the vegetables a bit.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- In a large roasting pan, brush the chicken pieces with the remaining olive oil.
- Roast the chicken for about 45 minutes.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the pan and bake, stirring occasionally, for another 30 minutes.