Rigatoni Al Forno Alla Napoletana
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: entrees
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 links mild Italian sausage
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 can w hole pitted black olives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup diced mozzarella
- ½ cup diced provolone
- ½ cup pecorino Romano, grated
- Cook rigatoni in boiling salted water until just beginning to soften (Stiff, not al dente).
- Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Do not rinse.
- Set aside.
- Heat large pan, add olive oil and garlic.
- Then brown sausage and chicken.
- Remove and cut sausage links into ½-inch slices.
- Add remaining ingredients to a large casserole dish and bake in a preheated 400 F oven until bubbly and potatoes are soft.
- Let stand 5 min. before serving.