Spaghetti with Puttanesca Sauce
Author: Pizza Today
Recipe type: Entree
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic, halved
- 5 anchovy filets, chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, soaked and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small red chile, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- Lightly brown the garlic in hot oil.
- Add anchovies and crush to a paste with a fork.
- Add olives, capers, tomatoes and chile, and cook over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add parsley and cook for a couple minutes more.
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta until al dente.
- Drain well.Serve sauce over pasta.
- Add olives and capers or parsley as garnish.